Balancing the care of an elderly loved one with work or other family time can be a struggle, and sometimes you need a break. Vacation or other time away is important for your own physical and mental health, but only if you know your loved one is in caring, professional hands while you are away. Hill Country Care Providers offers Respite Care for Austin, Texas clients, caring for your elderly loved one while you enjoy much-needed time off. Our respite and vacation care allows you to live your life without worrying about the daily care of your loved one.
Our Respite Care covers a number of important duties:
- Personal care such as bathing, dressing, grooming, performing hygiene tasks, incontinent care or dental care
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating
- Transfers in and out of bed, wheelchair or motor vehicles
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Medication reminders
- Transportation to physician appointments, dentists, shopping or errands
- Companion Care, including watching movies or favorite television shows together
- Kitchen cleanup, including taking out the garbage, washing dishes or tidying up
- Accompany clients to family or social functions and from hospital on discharge
- Cognitive activities such as conversation, playing cards or games, assisting with crafts or hobbies
- Spiritual activities that encompass singing, walking outside and accompanying to church
- At-home recovery care from day surgery or hospital-admission surgery
Our highly professional caregivers make your loved one’s life – and your life – easier and more enjoyable. If you have reached the phase of life where your elderly loved one requires Respite Care in Austin, Texas, please contact Hill Country Care Providers for a free consultation.