Jackie Verdoorn, RN, MSN, BSN, CMC, is the owner and director of Hill Country Care Providers, Austin's premier geriatric care management firm, a licensed personal assistance and a licensed home health agency.
Jackie has more than 41 years of experience serving Texas' elderly. She has been involved in home health care, skilled and assisted living facilities and hospital settings. She has a Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Texas and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Baylor University. Jackie is licensed to practice geriatric nursing in Texas and is certified by the National Academy of Certified Care Managers.
"I started my business almost a decade ago when I realized Austin needed a professional group of caregivers who genuinely care about the elderly," Jackie explained. "As we have grown the business, we have been able to offer more and more services to clients and their families. We can provide everything from case management to respite care to companion services to speakers for home care and elder issues.
Jackie is a sought after advocate for the elderly in both professional and consumer groups throughout Texas. She has extensive knowledge of the aging process and the medical condition and medications of the elderly, years of clinical experience in nursing and is one of Texas' longest practicing care managers.
Jackie enjoys playing with her grandchildren, traveling and her bunko friends and cards with her games group.
- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
- Registered Nurse -- Board Certified by the Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- Austin Steering Committee for Dementia and Aging Issues, Founding Member
- Former Board Member of the Austin Case Management Association
- Texas Association of Home Care Member
- Team Sponsor of the Austin Area Alzheimer's Walk 2008
- Senior Vision Team, Riverbend Church, Austin