Families living across the country find geriatric case managers invaluable resources for overseeing and implementing the care of a loved one. Our Geriatric Care Managers (GCMs) for our Austin, Texas clients are registered nurses and are skilled at identifying needs and overseeing care.
Some of our geriatric care managers' common duties and goals include:
- Conduct care planning assessments to identify problems
- Provide an in-home environmental assessment
- Screen, arrange and monitor in-home assistance and other services
- Provide crisis intervention
- Review financial, legal or medical issues and offer referrals to other geriatric specialists to avoid future problems and conserve assets
- Act as a liaison to families at a distance and alert them to potential problems
- Provide client and family advocacy
- Provide family training as well as consumer and community education programs
Our highly professional caregivers make your loved one’s life – and your life – easier and more enjoyable. If you have reached the phase of life where your elderly loved one requires a Geriatric Care Manager in Austin, Texas, please contact Hill Country Care Providers for a free consultation.