Hill Country Care Providers knows there is more to 24 hour in-home care than just medicines and meals. That's why we offer premier Companion Care Services for our Austin, Texas clients. After all, at the heart of health care, patient care, or elder care is the word 'care.' Equally as important as skilled nursing or housekeeping is caring for a loved one's emotional and mental well-being.
Your elder loved one may simply need a friend, someone whom you can trust, someone who genuinely cares. Family members can care for a person in this way, but often jobs and other activities can make this difficult. Finding a professional caregiver who takes an interest in engaging mentally with your loved one is truly a blessing. Our caregivers believe that their profession is not just a job, but a calling. Our caregivers become friends - almost family - with our clients. Just read some of our client testimonials.
We tailor each care plan to the needs of our clients. Care plans include activities that are fun and mentally stimulating. We make every effort to schedule the same caregivers for your loved one, bringing familiar faces into your home each visit. This helps to build a relationship, an important aspect of socializing and mental health.
Our Companion Care Services include:
- Accompany clients to family or social functions and from hospital on discharge
- Cognitive activities such as conversation, playing cards or games, assisting with crafts or hobbies
- Spiritual activities that encompass singing, walking outside and accompanying to church
- Family respite care and vacation care
- Companionship, including watching movies or favorite television shows together
- Engaging in projects or reading together
- Assistance writing letters, emails or keeping up with family on social media
- Personal care such as bathing, dressing, grooming, hygiene tasks, incontinent care or dental care
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating
- Transportation to physician appointments, dentists, shopping or errands
- At-home recovery care from day surgery or hospital-admission surgery
Our highly professional caregivers make your loved one’s life – and your life – easier and more enjoyable. If you have reached the phase of life where your elderly loved one requires Companion Care Services in Austin, Texas, please contact Hill Country Care Providers for a free consultation.